Your thoughts on Thor: The Dark World?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jan 10, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The DVD is not yet out but it soon will be. However the question is, was the movie good enough for fans to get the DVD when it's released? If you watched the movie when it was released, would you want to buy the DVD?

IMO, the movies was so lame that I wouldn't want to watch a second time. What about you guys?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't watched it yet but I plan to since I'm a sucker for superhero films. I know that the majority concensus is that it's only okay at best and most people were only there to watch Loki. The first one wasn't too good either and I bought its DVD so I doubt that this one's going to disappoint me too much so yeah, I'll be buying the DVD or Blu-ray.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved the first Thor movie. It had a great and uplifting story, and it was so action packed that I never got bored. That's why I watched Thor: The Dark World too. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first movie though. Perhaps I had such high hopes for the sequel which were failed to be met. One thing is for certain, the first movie was way better. I'd definitely get a DVD copy of the first. But for the second one? Nope, I'll pass.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I thought it was alright. It was a bit boring and confusing in some parts, in my opinion, but I think translating someone like Thor onto the big screen is kind of difficult and they managed pretty well with the second one. I agree with lindbergh that the first one was a bit better, in that I mean it was a lot more straight forward and less convoluted, but like I said, I totally understand that they are just trying to make something good for the second one to move the story along until the Avengers 2, and I'm okay with that. I totally expected it to be only average and thus didn't feel the need to see it in theaters anymore and instead I just waited for the Bluray release.

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    My G-- ... Asgardian! Were you watching the same movie? Well, maybe not; in that I first saw it today, on television at home, and you're thinking of the movie-theater version---the same, but different in that the theater is a place for bigger 'scenery' & simpler stories while home is a place for the opposite.

I thought TTDW was the BEST superhero-movie ... ever! Granted, I just saw it; but I think it's an evolutionary marker in movies ... I haven't seen one where the 'bad guys' plan' keep on since MATRIX REVOLUTIONS or STAR WARS III or -V!

Yeah, but it will go well with "The Complete Avengers Package"!

Smart.

TTDW DID introduce me to the fact that the Asgardians are NOT gods (and that they KNOW they're not). I think it kind of steals something away from them---the fact that you don't need 'special'/'magic' weaponry to kill them. That they're more like humans were in early Old Testament times.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I was entertained throughout the movie, but I generally just don't buy movies on Dvd anymore. While Thor was good, it's not worth buying it on DVD forever. I would recommend watching the movie though as it's a good continuation and sequel of the first movie.

I don't think I've actually bought a DVD in the last 3 or 4 years. Just never found a movie that I'd want to have with me all the time.

7. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I am quite late in seeing this movie. I am in a cd shop when I found the DVD of Thor: Dark World. I like it compare to the first movie. It is more action packed and entertaining than the first. The special effects are very much improve. I look forward for the third movie Thor: Ragnarok.Some spoiler said that Thor will die in the third movie a the title suggest. I hope not.