Your Top 5 Mobile Apps for Android?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 16, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    We're in the age of vast and widespread technological developments, and on that "wave of technology", have rode the current "trend" in mobile phones: smart phones/Androids. "Everyone" basically owns one now, and is constantly seeking to upgrade.

In the "upgrading process", smartphone users tend to "add to the overall use of their mobile phones" by downloading apps that are either free, or available with purchase.

My top 5 Mobile Apps for Android are: Shazam, WhatsApp, HeyWire, Dots, and GoogleTranslate.

What are your TOP 5 MOBILE APPS FOR ANDROID? and Why do you love them so much?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My tops five Andriod apps are:

--Evernote I would be lost without this app. I keep everything here.
    --Wunderlist A simple to-do list apop
    --Dropbox
    --The default browser
    --Kindle app

3. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Thanks Parker! I appreciate your response! I see these Android apps as definitely essential. I especially like Dropbox, because it's just so convenient, and facilitates so much sharing of information, schedules, and overall emails. It's great for the larger-sized files, and I make use of it very often!
    I think I'm going to check out Evernote, Wunderlist and Kindle app, as I haven't made as much use of these apps as I probably should have by now, lol. But, they do look interesting and worthwhile, so I'm about to give them a check!
    Thanks again for your feedback!

4. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I own a Galaxy S3 and my top most used apps are:
    -Opera (my preferred browser)
    -Youtube
    -S Memo ( I keep my notes here)
    -Viber
    -Various dictionaries (I major in languages and translation)

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I like installing apps just to try them out and which one works best for me. It's hard to choose a Top 5, but here you go:

CoolReader - My favorite e-book reader
    Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Hands-down the best dictionary app
    CM Browser - The fastest browser I have used
    Wunderlist - Very simple productivity app
    Evernote - I jot down notes all day so this one is very handy

6. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    I love your top five apps, but I would just make a small change and substitute magic Jack for dots, I love how simply and easy it is to call and text anywhere with magic jack and heywire respectively.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a tough question. My top 5 favorite apps for Android would have to be the following:
    1. Google Books
    I'm an avid reader so it's but natural to love books. My phone's a Samsung Google Nexus, one of the first versions released, so I had every Google-related app imaginable. This one's my favorite because I get to download classic books which I haven't read before for FREE.
    2. Candy Crush
    Yeah, I know. This game's getting old... but not for me. I'm already in level 400+, halfway through 500. I couldn't leave that game just yet until I reach my goal.
    3. 2048
    This used to be a challenging game for me until I solved the number puzzle in less than a week. I play it from time to time though.
    4. Viber
    Let's me chat with my friends and share pictures directly from my phone. I like the large emojis and the doodle options.
    5. Obenkyo
    This app has all the hiragana, katakana and kanji characters you need to learn in order to speak Japanese. It also comes with a brief history of the language plus instructions for learning. Really cool app.

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I only recently got an Android, about a month or so, which means I don't really have many app recommendations I can give, but so far I'm loving a couple of apps:

- 3G Watchdog
    It lets me keep track of my data usage very easily.
    -QuizUp
    Is a very addicting quiz game and it has an incredible amount of categories.
    - Dropbox
    Makes it very easy to sync a few shows so that I have a couple of episodes on my phone
    -Podcast Republic
    I've been searching and searching but so far I haven't found a better podcast manager, if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them :)