Zen garden

Discussion in Home & Garden started by dizzykitsune • Sep 10, 2014.

1. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I recently moved into a new apartment, but was mortified by the hideous, bathroom-tiled fireplace in the living room that wasn't included in the floorplan or the 'display apartment' that was available for viewing. My first priority was to find a way to make it less ugly. I had the idea and vision of making the awkward square tile in front of the fireplace into a zen garden.

Does anyone have any tips or has anyone made a zen garden in their home? The space is approximately 3x3 feet.

2. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    That must have been a real head-scratcher. One year and.........nothing.

I don't know what a zen garden is, but if you don't plan on using the fireplace, just fill the space with plants. Enough to where you can hide from sight approximately 90% of the fireplace and the tiles. Plants are cheap enough and and depth to any room.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a zen garden...

zen garden.
    They retail for around £10 each on eBay. Looks a bit too much like a fancy litter tray to me...

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a zen garden that believe or not I got at the Dollar Tree. I thought it was a fun little conversation piece. I don't know about bringing all the elements you would need for a zen garden into your home if you had a large space. I don't know that I know of anyone that has something like that. It sounds like a neat idea though..and Good Luck!