Zero Sugar Pepsi: Is It Good And Worthy?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by naruto100 • Oct 24, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Just yesterday I saw it in the market, I guess I have seen it again after long.

So I asked for price and it was higher compare to normal soft drinks. I wonder if it is really good enough to maintain weight as it contains zero calorie. Though I have never tried it as I have heard that it not tastes good as compare to normal one. So I skipped it yesterday too.

Well, two questions, is its taste not that good compare to normal one? And is it really good for maintaining weight, I mean if it is not that good then no meaning of spending more.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

Zero sugar pepsi or even diet coke are all expensive but worth it. I know the first time you drink, you might not like the taste but you should remember that drinks made for health purposes are never tasty. But if you put your mind into it, your taste buds will adjust when you frequently drink zero sugar pepsi.

I also don't expect them to be cheap because of their nutritional benefits. They say prevention is better than cure. So I believe it is better to drink an expensive healthy drink than spend more money on medicine.

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't think it is worth it in my opinion. I tried such sodas and they don't have the greatest taste in my opinion. I would stick to buying regular pepsi, if you are worried about the sugar within regular pepsi I would suggest just drink a bit more water through out the day.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I think zero sugar in such kind of fizzy drinks is a myth. Even if they claim to be devoid of sugar they still contain loads of calories and so it is not worth buying such drinks. Instead buy a regular Pepsi or a Coke occasionally and enjoy the taste at least.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Huh! Those light varieties fizzy drinks taste so horrible:eek:. I have not yet tried Zero Sugar Pepsi yet but Coke light is not nice at all and I would assume it would be the same. I would rather buy the normal Pepsi and find a way to work out the calories through exercise or a diet:D

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    The thing about zero sugar is that it contains the various ingredients which are not good for the health long term. So taking it once in a while is fair enough. But consuming it on regular basis is not going to be good enough. And that's something I am trying to find out as well. It's reasonable to say that zeo sugar pepsi and coke are fancy. But they can be affecting the health too. So that's something we all have to think about as well.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy the non sugar soft drinks because their taste is just bad. Some people might like it or try to like it to drink less sugar while indulging in a soda. Besides I don't think it's much healthier than the regular ones. Good thing I don't like sodas too much and drink water the most.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    You mean those low calorie soft drinks are healthier compare to normal soft drinks. I have heard about they have less calorie but don't know about healthier thing. But yes if it is kind of healthier thing then even I won't mind spending more money on the same. Thanks for sharing details. Yes one can always adjust with taste if there are health benefit related to it.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Loads of Calories!! Are you sure about it? If it is true, then why they write 0 calorie in the calorie section. Officially and legally they can't write that thing if drink is having any kind of calorie. Though it is always full of terms and conditions. Lol, I wonder if that kind of thing comes between in this section too. But yes if it contains calorie even after saying 0 calorie then no need to spend more. Thanks.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Is it? One reply above mentioned that it can be healthy. But I guess its about low calorie. I never heard about bad for health in any way but if it is true than better to stay away from its regular use. I will surely not compromise with health for getting less calorie. I will try to search about this info more on internet. Thanks for the reply and useful response.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No... Not at all. Actually, it's just as bad as the original. It's like you're selling bottled poison (and no, I'm not exaggerating... because it's terrible).

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of zero sugar or zero calories soda because they don't taste as good as the regular ones and I see no point in drinking them. Some even taste bitter. They don't cost more than the regular soda here so cost is usually not the factor for opting out. It can't be called a health drink in any way. I've been trying to reduce my soft drinks consumption lately and trying to replace the 'sinful' beverage with ice cold water and ACV.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's made with aspartame I won't buy it, for aspartame is dangerous for your health. I like no sugar added, sugar below 10g or things made with sugar alcohol. I watch what I drink as well as what I eat, so I can be healthy. I love soda and once upon a time I drank soda like water and weighed 200 pounds...needless to say I had to loose weight. Stopped drinking soda period. I saw on Dr. Oz about diet soda and here it is: (don't mind the short ad before Dr. Oz.)

I drink fruit juices with natural sugars from the fruit. I found Simply Orange, a small bottle at last that I can afford, 1.82 for 11.5oz. or Bai and other fruit drinks to get a good dose of what the body needs without all that sugar. It satisfies my tastes buds and I feel good about drinking something healthy too. It's all up to each individual to drink what they want. I save money when they all go on sale or I can find a good price on it at Walmart or Target. Now Target has opened up at Ala Moana Center in Honolulu much easier to get to with riding the bus too!

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I never drink those juices that have several artificial ingredients. We have fruits grown in our garden and I preserve fruit juices when they are in season. One should never drink those sodas at all.

15. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Your post is really informing and I am considering this too. Actually, the culprit is fructose. Any drinks with fructose in it will make you gain weight faster. A study was conducted in countries with high number of obese children and it was found that sugar was not the culprit but fructose.

Anything with low calories is considered healthier. I think they are better than other soda carbonated drinks. I still don't take soft drinks nowadays because they reduce calcium in your body and I feel I need more calcium. I stick with milk, porridge, yoghurt and water. Although I take green tea sometimes but it doesn't have a taste. You are also welcomed.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, they do contain calories irrespective of their claims. These drinks contain artificial flavours and sugars such as aspartame which are not good for our health. So drinking such drinks very frequently will still harm our health in the long run so it is better to drink them only occasionally. Here is a link that you should read!

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That seems useful link for sure regarding the topic. Thanks for sharing.

Well, it seems we should avoid regular use in that case. I thought it can be healthy as it is providing less calorie but instead of that it can be harmful for health. I am happy that so far I haven't tried it out. Yes one can go for occasionally but better avoid it and go for normal softdrink than taking any risk.

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure about this thing as few other users mentioned that such soft drink contains harmful content and it can be harmful for health. So better to take it occasionally than consuming it regularly. Though I am not sure about this information as even I have heard this information first time. But it sounds risky so I am not going to be part of it.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Natural juices are the best compare to any soft drink. Surely they are healthier and cheaper too. Though I like soft drinks too, so I drink them occasionally. Surely more consumption of them can be unhealthy for anyone.

20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the cola companies have invented a new method of extracting extra money by introducing zero or diet version of their products. In fact they use alternate of sugar to make them taste almost as the regular soda drinks but unsuspecting people drink more thinking that they are out of harm's way and drink more. They lose in more than one way, one they drink more so called sugar free and Two they spend more money in the name of sugar free.