Zero Sugar Pepsi: Is It Good And Worthy?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by naruto100 • Oct 24, 2017.

1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Can't remember if it was Pepsico or the competition that I have tasted so far. I was really curious back then so I decided to buy one for myself, but after a sip or two I discontinue and just left it somewhere. I never bought that product ever since because I don't like the taste of it. I just opted for the regular softdrinks.

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Is it easy and good as the normal one, but I would recommend to all here to drink more tea and leave Pepsi and Coca-Cola away because it is not healthy at all.
    Guys try to drink a tea, water and if you feel the need for a juice, make it natural from fruits in your own home!

3. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if it's true, but I have always read that diet coke, "zero sugar" or "less sugar" stuff are actually not good for health, as they might use some ingredients which might be harmful such as artificial sweeteners. So, I don't think it's worth to buy the sugar free products. I have tasted diet coke once, many years ago, I don't like it at all. It totally doesn't have the taste I like about Coca Cola, and I don't ever want to try it again. :p

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I had one occasion to keep a friend company and I got to taste pepsi. I got addicted to it. I have given it up completely. Pepsi and other soft drinks are addictive and it is better that they are never had at all.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :eek:Reduce calcium! WOW, I didn't know this...thanks for the information! Learned something today! I'll stick to Bai, Simply Orange now for sure. I am tempted though, but I'll remember this post and keep to my fruit drinks. Thank you so much!!!! Luckily these fruit drinks are at a good price at Walmart, Target and has sales at Safeway every now and then, so we save money as well as stay healthy. Thanks again!

6. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    Just because it is low in calories, it doesn't mean that is healthy or beneficial in any way. I would suggest to anybody I know or like, not to drink it because even with the zero sugar those drinks contain more poison than you can imagine. It is a poison in the bottle.
    It is just not worth of your health, so forget it.

7. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Sure, people take in hundreds of useless calories by drinking regular coke or pepsi (both are loaded with sugar)...and IMO, I've never really liked the taste of regular coke. (I don't drink pepsi.) Regular soda tastes like caramel corn or something to me, I've always bought Diet Coke, not only to save on calories, but also for the taste. It just tastes "lighter"... not so heavy and almost thick. I am in love with Diet Coke Big Gulps from 7-Eleven, with lots of ice cubes. Now they have a caffeine-free version of the diet, so I do half and half. But never regular, just too heavy and too much sugar. Yes, I will pay extra for zero cals and zero sugar. :):) To me, it's totally worth it. But I do know some people who will drink regular coke or pepsi as "a meal" ... but if you think about it, that's just a sugar-loaded, empty calorie breakfast, or lunch, or dinner. Most likely ending in a sugar crash. :eek: But hey, to each his own. I'm not here to judge, I just know that would never work for me. My sugar drops all the time anyway, so I need to watch my sugar intake. Not diabetic, I'm hypoglycemic..which comes with its own set of problems.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You reminded me the time when people use to say that Coke contains addictive content. The fact is that most cola drinks contain a certain percentage of Caffeine which in itself is addictive in my humble opinion although all major cola producers deny this fact and say that their product is addictive because they use caffeine. Now it's up to you to decide whether you consider caffeine addictive or not.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I quite believe you One of my nephews only lived on coffee. I never drink coffee as I am a tea drinker but not addicted to it, although I have to control my desire for it.

10. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Well, considering the health conditions of most people especially the diabetic ones, they are the ones such zero sugar Pepsi or soft drinks are made for because of their sugar problem.

That such drinks is a bit more expensive than the other soft drinks isn't surprising to me at all because I have come to realize that most things and even drugs used to treat and control blood sugar is quite exorbitant.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    You mean they use sugar free for lowering down calories? If yes, then do you think more consumption of such drinks can be unhealthy? If yes then is it because of sugar free or what.

I surely don't know more about it. But I like to have soft drinks. But because of my tonsil problem I have to avoid them to have more reguarly. So if I am going for them rarely then I will go with normal one so it is good for taste and money.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Cola or any carbonated drinks are unhealthy for different reasons besides you spend money for something which you can have easily by drinking water. After all what does one get drinking 300 ml sweet water containing caffeine as one of the ingredients. I have seen people drinking cola drinks in place of water.

13. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    They're telling that it's no sugar, yet when I saw a post proving that even zero sugar drinks still has sugar content in it. Some are just misleading for marketing strategy.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    In place of water!!! That's too much.

I don't think I can even think about it replacing it with water. Surely more consumption of such drink is unhealthy either we go for normal softdrink or zero calorie one. As I said I am having tonsil problem I avoid its frequent use. Even if I have not this problem I won't drink it that much as I know it is not good for health. But it is true that younger generation is having more of it these days.